Small business Law Articles
You are currently viewing the full category index of law articles. Browse the most recent articles ›
- How Small Businesses Should Draft Contracts to Avoid Litigation
- Small Business Cited by Attorney General for Misleading Customers
- Should small businesses indemnify directors, officers and managers?
- Colorado restaurant (Acqua Pazza) not responsible for injury on public sidewalk next to its building
- Franchise Agreements Control Obligations Between Franchisees and Franchisors
- How To Avoid Being Held Personally Liable For Your Company’s Debts
- Employee Liability For Corporation's Obligations
- Cooperatives and Small Business
- Deadlocks Between Owners Of Corporations And Limited Liability Companies
Buying and Selling Products/Services
Complying with Laws and Regulations
- Sales Taxes For Small Businesses – Can’t They Make Anything Simple?
- How To Avoid Antitrust Violations In Buying Or Selling Bundled Goods
- Don’t Forget To File Your Annual Report
- Setting prices for small businesses - avoid legal issues by following these rules
- Small Business Violates Law By Serving Visibly Intoxicated Customer
- New F.T.C. Regulations Will Require Bloggers To Disclose Gifts From Advertisers
- Avoid False Advertising Claims - Clothes Maker Fined For False Advertising About Bamboo
- Small Business Administration Business Development Program
- Maintaining Current Business Records With the California Secretary of State
- How To Avoid Unemployment Insurance Increases After Terminating An Employee.
- How to make sure someone is treated as an independent contractor rather than an employee?
- Small Businesses Must Comply With Immigration Laws When Hiring Employees
- Need To Bring Managers or Workers With Specialized Expertise To Your U.S. Office? Let's Talk About L-1 Visas.
- How Your Small Business Can Obtain An H-1 Visa For Employees With Specialized Knowledge
- What Small Businesses Can Learn From The Supreme Court In The New Haven Firefighter Case
- New ruling means non-competition agreements can create bigger problems for small businesses hiring employees from competitors
- Mulligan's Restaurant pays big money for bad actions of supervisor
- Employee Incentive Plans For A Small Business
Getting Your Business Started
- How To Start A Small Business
- How To Make Sure The Name Of A Small Business Is Available For Use
- What Type Of Entity Should I Choose For My Small Business?
- What are Articles of Organization?
- What Is An Operating Agreement?
- Small Businesses Must Report New Hires To The Government
- How Small Businesses Meet Requirements To Post Workplace Notices
- Any Small Business With Employees Is Required To Maintain Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Crafting Enforceable Non-compete and Non-solicitation Agreements
- Complying With Anti-Discrimination Laws
- Protect Yourself From Your Company's Liabilities
- At-Will Employment
- What is a limited liability capital account and what do I do with it?
- How To Register Your Small Business In Colorado and Comply With Unemployment Tax Requirements
- Reasons Why Every Small Business should be a corporation or an LLC
Leasing or Renting Property/Equipment
Protecting Your Business Assets
- How can I protect my business plan and business model from being copied?
- How can I prevent employees from stealing my business ideas?
- What should be in a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
- How Can Small Business Owners Protect Personal Assets?
- Protecting A House Or Other Assets By Transfers To Your Spouse
- Restaurants Can Limit Their Liability Through Proper Use of Limited Liability Entities
- Financing a Small Business
- What do I need to do when I contribute financing to my small business?
- What should my small business do when obtaining money from my family or friends?
- What Every Small Business Should Know About Securities Laws
- Investments Sold Through Cold Calling Violate Colorado Securities Laws Without Registration